Staff Regulations & Byelaws
- (1).These Regulations may be called National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology Staff Regulations, 2010.
(2).These Regulations shall come into force with immediate effect.
- Initial Constitution and Applicability:
2.1 All existing employees of the National Council of Hotel Management & CateringTechnology who are in the service of the Council immediately before the commencement of these Regulations shall be deemed to be the employees of the National Council of Hotel Management & Catering Technology after the commencement of these Regulations.
2.2 Unless otherwise provided, these Regulations do not apply to:
- Persons not in whole-time employment of the Council;
- Persons whose services have been borrowed from the Government of India or from other Institutions unless such persons opt for these Regulations and the Lending Authority has no objections;
- Persons who are governed by special contracts which contain specified terms and conditions of service.
- Definitions: Unless there is some provision repugnant in the subject or context, the terms defined in this Chapter are used in the Regulations in the sense herein explained:
- Appointing Authority in relation to any post under the Council means the Authority competent to make appointment to that post;
- Board of Governors means the Board of Governors constituted as per Rules and Regulations of the National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology;
- Central Government means Government of India in the Centre and for the purposes of the National Council of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, the Ministry of Tourism under whose administrative control the Council functions.
- Chairman means the Chairman of the Board of Governors;
- Chief Executive Officer means the Chief Executive Officer of the Council;
- Council means the National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology;
- Departmental Promotion Committee means a Committee constituted from time to time for the purpose of making recommendations for promotion or confirmation in any grade or post;
- Employee means, a person appointed to any grade or post in connection with the affairs of the Council and does not include a person coming under Regulation 2.2 (a), (b) and (c).
- Grade means any of the grades specified in the Council’s employment as specified in the Recruitment Rules;
- Panel in relation to any grade or post means the panel prepared for promotion by seniority subject to fitness or non-selection;
- Permanent employee in relation to any grade or post means any employee who has been substantially appointed to a permanent vacancy in that grade or post;
- Schedule means the Schedules appended to these Regulations;
- Select List in relation to any grade or post means the select list prepared for promotion by selection;
- Service Selection Committee means the committee constituted for selection of candidates by direct recruitment through competitive examination or interview or both;
- Temporary employee in relation to a grade or post means an employee holding a temporary or officiating appointment in that grade or post;
- Any words or phrases that have not been defined in these Regulations will have the same meaning as defined in the relevant Rules and Regulations framed by the Central Government as amended from time to time.